Starting January 1st 2014, the Jordan Institution for Standards & Metrology (JISM) will establish new requirements for mandatory compliance for a range products. Affected products will need to follow a set of Technical Regulations. The new regulations will represent transpositions of some European Directives.
The proposed instructions and technical requirements will establish rules for the following:
- Safety of electrical equipment with a voltage rating between 50-1000 V for alternating current and between 75 and 1500 V for direct current.
- Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC)
- Restrictions on the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment
- Batteries and accumulators
- Prevention of waste batteries and accumulators
- Prevention of waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment
- Safety of appliances and fitting, such as burning gaseous fuel, used for cooking, heating, hot water production, lighting, refrigeration, and washing
- Eco design requirements for energy related products
- Stand-by and off mode electric power consumption of electrical and electronics, household, and office and consumer equipment
- Energy Efficiency
For additional information go to GMA page for Jordan.