Global Market Access
Navigating the regulatory landscape of global markets is a complex and challenging task. By collaborating with UL to handle your global market access needs, you can tap into UL’s experts and facilities throughout the world, using our resources and services to reach your destination smoothly. UL’s knowledgeable experts will first seek to understand your needs, working with you to find the best cost-effective compliance option to meet your needs, and then guide you through the process every step of the way.
THE BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH UL
Global Compliance with Local Service
UL has its own accredited laboratories and offices throughout North America, Latin America, Europe and Asia so you can work with UL experts close to you locally to help you obtain the required certifications and approvals you need to sell your products in your target markets. Together with the UL experts located in your destination market, the UL team provides seamless support to you across time zones.
Whether you’re interested in one country or multiple markets across the world, UL takes an integrated and customized service approach to meet all of your product compliance needs. UL’s global service package provides the complete compliance solution spanning the entire process and across multiple regulations such as those for safety, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC), radio/wireless and energy efficiency, etc.
Speed to Market
Working with UL also allows you to take advantage of streamlined service paths through UL’s participation in global certification schemes, e.g., CB Scheme, and close cooperation with other organizations around the world. This often means you can gain the certifications or approvals for many countries without the need for retesting or working with multiple organizations. In the end, this translates to faster time-to-market with reduced cost.
GLOBAL MARKET ACCESS OFFERINGS
UL can customize our services to fit specific market access needs or deliver a turnkey solution.
Our team of experts uses a four-phased methodology to customize our service delivery to meet your time-to-market needs and priorities.
Each country or region has its own rules and regulations. The key to success is to have a clear understanding of each.
more NEWS UPDATE
- India – Compulsory Registration Scheme Implementation Extended to January 2014
- Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan – Clarification on local representative requirement
- Taiwan - Update on Products to be added to Regulated Commodities List – Expected March 2014
- Australia/New Zealand – Electrical Safety – Implementation Delayed to March 2014
- China – Implementation Dates for Updated GB Standards for EMC
- South Korea – Labelling and Component Changes; Effective Date – Products Added to Scope of Electrical Appliances Safety Control Act
- United Arab Emirates (UAE) – Regulated Products List Being Updated
- Jordan – New Regulatory Requirements
- Malaysia Certificate of Approval – New product categories and types; Now Effective
- Saudi Arabia – New regulations